Rebecca Waring-Crane: Design Alchemist for Confident Decorators, Edgy Environmentalists & Joyful Culture Jammers
Friday, June 10, 2011
Four drawers + National Geographic maps = Magic!
Occasionally a sweet piece appears when I'm trawling thrift stores. I didn't hesitate when I saw this four-drawer number priced to suit my budget. The missing hardware made it even more appealing -- less to undo and more scope for imagination. Even with lots going on in my "day job", I found time over two weeks to transform this mini-bureau/side table with brown paper bags, old National Geographic maps and decoupage. Antiqued pulls and several coats of satin-finish polyurethane finished it off with flair.
You may not be a globetrotter, but with this piece you can pretend you are! Pin It
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love it!! I need to use some of your ideas! I love the pieces that you've done. Very creative and funky chic!
Rebecca! Soooooo Cool!!! You inspire me! How Awesome!!! Love all your fun creations! Miss ya!
Kori
Love the slide show and captions! Nice piece.
Yes! Such a wonderfully piece you revealed from humble beginnings:) And truly, I LOVE when you do photos of the process - it's like I get to ride in your creative wake anytime I want just by visiting your post!
- Lori
i haven't figured out how to reply to each comment directly. *sigh*. but thank you each for speaking up. your encouragement is water to my little artist heart.
Post a Comment