After sanding and priming it, I dressed up the skirt with side swirls in green on green over a boarder of black dots on white. Dark blue diamonds dance all around the edge of the table top on a field of pool blue.
The lovely legs begged for fun. The outward facing sides chose formal attire with black and white off-setting the light and dark combination of vibrant solids. The inner facing leg surface became giddy with free-hand polka dots.

Maps fill my dreams as I continue creating with some wonderful old classroom teaching aids.
I sliced up two different versions of Europe in bright and muted tones and decoupaged them to the top. Unfortunately, the colors lifted and faded a bit during the process. Not to worry, I hand-painted the maps to restore their original beauty. Then I got very daring and poured my first epoxy finish over the surface for a brush-free, heat resistant, high-gloss seal.Once the legs and table top reunite, the whole thing goes to a charity art show/auction at La Sierra University. Proceeds assist an orphanage in Rwanda. Interested in making a bid? Let me know. Pin It
No comments:
Post a Comment