Monday, August 3, 2009

A backward glance...




Talk about a big project! This 12 foot long church pew holds the record as my largest work to date. It is also the only piece I painted on location – for obvious reasons! Commissioned and completed the summer of 2007, it livens up the front office of St. Joseph Elementary School, South Bend, IN. A pair of cheeky chairs (see back to back in photo above) were also part of the assignment. And before I was done I also painted both sides of two office windows giving teachers' mailboxes a bit of artsy privacy.

Over 15 different colors share the sprawling stage. Bold circles, my favorite shape, adorn the back. Diamond set squares framed by triangles march across the long seat. Checks, polka dots and black & white stripes have space to show off. What a blast!

Large or small, I'm happy to bring just as much fun to your special piece. Imagine what could be! Pin It

No comments: