Saturday, March 17, 2012

TTFN

Stepping back from traditional work has allowed me to focus on time in the studio.  It's been a wonderful six-plus months! (as posted photos attest.) While following one's bliss sounds magical, it often makes others hyperventilate. Uncertainty is SO uncomfortable. I admit it hasn't been all smooth sailing for me. Old tapes in my head can fuel doubts and sidetrack me in a tangle of despair. Happily, holding to the light I'm given has meant a stream of creative work AND unexpected validation. I'm off to Ethiopia on March 26th to paint. For more on that venture, you're welcome to read yet another blog -- Happy Rooms International.

I hope to post photos and stories while on site at the Learning Village and later at the Women's Prison in Dembi Dollo.
Women in the prison at Dembi Dollo; several of the women have their small children with them in the prison.

Both places have invited my friend Iris Landa to work her magic on walls of bleak buildings, bringing joy and encouragement through color and design. Instead of furniture, I'll paint classroom and prison walls and capture as much of our adventure as possible. I'll be back again by mid-April. There's no telling where the light will lead me then. I'm excited for this journey and for what comes after.

Hope you find daily opportunities for joyful 2nd chances!

Ta Ta For Now! ~ Rebecca Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reb, you are such a courageous woman! What a wonderful adventure and I know you will come back a fulfilled artist! Safe trip, I will be following!