Today I took a drive to the mountains with my family and found a new delight, that is, new to me: balancing rocks to build cairns. We stopped and picniced beside a stream. After lunch and a mini-nap in the sun, a building mood struck me. I poked around on the stream bank. Instead of building the dam I kinda thought I wanted, I ended up balancing stone on stone. Losing track of time, I soon had a little garden of towers four and five stones high.Discovering a new talent just tickles me. Proof once again: You never know when life might hand you a chance, 2nd, 3rd, or millionth, to find one more thing that makes you glad. Pin It
2 comments:
I do it with stones from the beach!
I saw an inspiring collection while walking near Laguna Beach on Mother's Day weekend! That must have been in my head when I began to play.
After leaving the protected limits of the reserve yesterday, we pulled over and picked up 10-12 rocks and put them in our trunk. Now cairn sentinels guard the lettuce in my garden.
Post a Comment